JR Institute of Information technology (JRIIT) history is traced back in 1999 when JR Electronics LTD, a company dealing with IT communication and network branched itself to give a start to an education entity called JR Institute of Information Technology (JRIIT). Initially JRIIT scope of action was simply limited to train the workers (and candidates to employment) of the parental company. But soon JRIIT transformed itself into a fully Educational Institute embracing more local young people who were eager to learn new IT skills.
JRIIT is fully registered under the National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) with the registration number REG/EOS/017. Further, JRIIT has established partnership with other vocational entities such as CompTIA, Prometric and Pearson Vue.
In order to carry out the mission and to reach the vision, there is need to stress values so as to stay committed to students and ourselves as aspiring for excellence in teaching, learning and research, and the community. Thus JRIIT Values are:
- To offer instruction in the various courses offered a level comparable to the best
- To anticipate the future needs of the employment sector and plan course materials to suit those needs.
- To provides facilities for independent studies
- To develop programs for lower, medium and higher educational institutions in the region.
- To train and assist teachers and prospective teaching faculty an ability to formulate curriculum planning in their own institutions.